- This event has passed.
Medical Cannabis Explained
May 4 @ 12:00 am£99
Have you registered your attendance for Medical Cannabis Explained: Become a confident prescriber?
This training provides an in-depth, fully up-to-date knowledge of the medical cannabis products (CBMPs) available to prescribe in the UK, together with the confidence to know what to prescribe according to a patient’s sign.
The MCCS has teamed up with Drug Science to offer their doctors, nurses and medical students exclusive live training with Professor Mike Barnes every couple of months. Training takes place over Zoom video conference, so is fully interactive and provides an opportunity for meeting other like-minded medical professionals across the UK.
These regular half-day training sessions are open to all members of the UK MCCS and medical professionals looking to prescribe, under Project Twenty21, Drug Science’s observational study with medical cannabis. Clinicians who join Twenty21 receive free MCCS membership and will contribute to the gathering of data evidence to help make medical cannabis more accessible to UK patients.
Thanks to our supporters, we are asking for a reduced contribution of £99 per person, which goes directly to the MCCS to continue improving access to medical cannabis education for clinicians. You will receive a takeaway pack following completion of the training day, but you are also welcome to attend multiple training sessions if you feel it would be beneficial.
What to expect:
The three-hour interactive training session covers:
- Indications, conditions & symptoms suitable for medical cannabis treatment, including a discussion on NICE guidelines
- Overview of different medical cannabis product (CBMP) types: oils, flower, vape products
- Products available in the UK, including an overview of licensed producers, how to access and which products are available under Project Twenty21
- How CBD/THC ratios and dosage work
- How to select the best medical cannabis product for your patient
- Safe and effective dosing and prescribing
- Consultations & the follow-up process, including an overview for Project Twenty21 specifically
- Supporting challenging patients
- Q&A – ask questions live or send your queries before the training so that we can ensure they can answer these during the session
Introducing Professor Mike Barnes
As the first UK doctor to successfully negotiate a prescription for medical cannabis from the government (with Alfie Dingley), Professor Barnes is recognised as a powerful and influential voice in medical cannabis policy in Europe.
Chair of The Medical Cannabis Clinicians Society, Prof. Barnes is dedicated to medical cannabis education and peer support for doctors and health care professionals.
Book your place
To book your place, click here
Thanks to our supporters, the MCCS can offer this training at the reduced price of £99. This donation goes directly to helping continue the great work of the MCCS.
When your membership is confirmed, you will book your place. Your booking will be cancelled and refunded if you are not a society member.
*Please note, this training costs £99. If you would like to arrange BACS payment or payment via Drug Science, please select the Free ticket and email us on [email protected] to arrange payment, otherwise your order will be cancelled.*
The CPD Certification Service has certified this content as conforming to continuing professional development principles.